You will be able to enjoy the private swimming pool, the play-ground, the bowling area, play table-tennis. We can also provide you (no extra-charge) with board-games, cartoon books, books and DVDs. As well, you may explore the fabulous natural beauties of the South-West Region and discover the cultural and historical sites without forgetting the legendary gastronomy. Only 45 minutes away from Toulouse, “La ville Rose” is renowned for its architectural treasures and lively atmosphere. Lastly, the Pyrénées Mountains, an hour drive away, are a great provider of exciting – sporty and fun activities, all year round.
Links in red connect you on English language web-sites.
Leisure & Tourism
- Rambling or cycling from the lodging
- Visit to the Montesquieu-Volvestre Bastide, its beautiful classified Church and Windmill
- Roman catholic cathedral, national monument of France, located in the town of Rieux-Volvestre www.tourisme-volvestre.com
- Surrounding typical villages with characteristic covered market-places
- The André Abbal museum in Carbonne (15km) museeabbal.free.fr
- Tennis courts (2km)
- Horse-riding club (5km)
- Golf (15 km)
- Lake with nautical activities (8km)
- Fishing on the banks of the Arize river (2km) and at the Rieux Lake (8km) www.fede-peche31.com
- The "Pléiades" observatory (15km) www.les-pleiades.asso.fr
- "La clairière aux insectes" to discover the local biodiversity www.oceanides-midipyrenees.fr
- Balafon : we are lucky to have as a neighbour the renowned percussionist, Gert Killian, who teaches also and can initiate you to balafon or African Drums playing during your stay www.gert-kilian.com
At less than half-hour:
- Saint-Julien “Gaulois” Village www.archeosite-gaulois.asso.fr
- The Mas-d’Azil caves www.cds09.com
- Leisure Park www.tepacap.fr
- Adventure Park www.sequoia-vertigo.com
- Reptile farm www.lafermedesreptiles.com
- Dinosaur forest www.ariege-dinosaure.com
- Bungee jumping www.elasticjump.com/?p=sitesDeSauts&act=grotteMasAzil
- Hot air ballooning www.ballonsport.fr
- Martres-Tolosane Potteries
- Saint-Sulpice-sur-Lèze Mediaeval Timber-framed houses
A little bit further but worth the trip:
- Toulouse, “La ville rose” and its picturesque streets, museums, the Garonne river, the Canal du Midi, The “Cité de l’Espace”(Space City) www.toulouse-tourisme.com
- The Pyrénées mountains offering many activities: trekking, skiing, snowshoe trails, paragliding, thermal baths... www.lespyrenees.net
- Foix, the Ariege County and its famous prehistoric and speleology sites www.ariegepyrenees.com
- The Cathare Castles www.payscathares.org
- Gascony, country of the Musketeers www.auch-tourisme.com
- Albi cathederal www.albi-tourisme.fr
- The belltower of Moissac en.tourisme-moissac.com
- The city of Carcassonne www.carcassonne-tourisme.com
- The magnificence of Saint-Bertrand-de-Comminges tourisme.haute-garonne.fr
- Numerous jazz festivals, and the well-known one of Marciac www.jazzmarciac.com
- ... and many other touristic activities of which you can find all of the details from the friendly staff of Montesquieu-Volvestre tourist office.
Do visit the web-site about touristic information in Midi-Pyrénées: www.tourisme-midi-pyrenees.com
A day trip to Spain or Andorra is another option. The panoramic view along the route is worth the journey. You may go through the beautiful Arun vally, do some shopping at extremely interesting prices and stop for Sangria and Tapas!
Foie gras, confit, cassoulet, saucisse au couteau, croustade, le chasselas de Moissac… Our region is worldwide famous for its delicacies. On the top, our many local restaurants offer very high quality food at very reasonable prices.
If you prefer to taste the regional products in the shade of the terrace of “Les Volets Bleus”, our local markets will delight you with an extraordinary choice of local fresh and tasty food. We have weekly organic markets nearby which are extremely “cheap and cheerful”!
Commerce & Services
Mesuret is 1.5 km from Montesquieu-Volvestre. There, you will find: an open market on Tuesdays, a supermarket, bakery, delicatessen, butchers, organic shop, chemist, bookshop, newsagent, and even an old-fashioned DIY store that is worth a visit!
Still in Montesquieu, there are a petrol station, cash-distributers, post-office, surgery, hairdressers and a beautician. In Carbonne (15km) and Cazères (15km), you will find hypermarkets.
Local craftsmanship will give you the opportunity to get some beautiful souvenirs from the area: pottery, enamel jewelry, glazed earthenware, glass, leather, metal and wood. Also, painting or sculpture lovers will be glad to visit the art galleries of the pretty village of Carla-Bayle.